With Thanksgiving just around the corner, here’s a great list of Thanksgiving Would You Rather questions to ask at the family dinner table to get everyone in the festive mood! Or maybe you have just finished stuffing yourself with turkey - and want to play some Thanksgiving icebreaker games to pass the time.
Or simply head on over to Brightful, where we've collected all the best question and icebreaker games in one location. Play with your friends, family or colleagues all across the world on mobile or desktop. In addition - you can create your own or find other Thanksgiving icebreaker games to play!
Thanksgiving Would You Rather Questions
The premise of Would You Rather. is simple: the group is shown two plausible scenarios, votes on which one they would rather be in, and discusses what led to their decision.
We have a great list of Thanksgiving Would You Rather questions you can ask if you want to get your entire group to play along. You can pick as many or as few as you like!
1. Would you rather have to cook the entire Thanksgiving meal or have to clean up and do the dishes for the entire Thanksgiving meal?
2. Would you rather have to eat only cranberry sauce for a day or have to eat only gravy for a day?
3. Would you rather be a pilgrim at the first Thanksgiving or be a Native American at the first Thanksgiving?
4. Would you rather live in 1621 or live in 2014?
5. Would you rather have to give a speech in front of the entire class about what you're thankful for or have to give a speech in front of the entire class on why you aren't thankful for anything?
6. Would you rather try to trick your parents into thinking you ate your vegetables or try to trick your parents into thinking you cleaned your room?
7. Would you rather eat pumpkin pie or green beans for the rest of your life?
8. Would you rather eat potato salad or carrots for the rest of your life?
9. Would you rather hear: You have to eat your carrots or you have to eat your pumpkin pie for the rest of your life?
10. Would you rather have to sit at the kids table or have to sit at the parents table?
11. Would you rather be thankful for all your mistakes or be thankful for all your accomplishments?
12. Would you rather have to dress like a pilgrim or have to dress like a Native American?
13. Would you rather have Thanksgiving dinner at your house or have Thanksgiving dinner at the White House?
14. Would you rather be a turkey or a pilgrim?
15. Would you rather give thanks or get thanks?
16. Would you rather eat only fruits and vegetables for the rest of your life or eat only candy for the rest of your life?
17. Would you rather cook Thanksgiving dinner or bake Thanksgiving dessert?
18. Would you rather be trapped in a room with someone who always repeats "I am thankful for _______" or with someone who always says "I am not thankful for _______"?
19. Would you rather have to eat only a single food or have to drink only a single beverage?
20. Would you rather eat fresh fruit or fresh vegetables?
21. Would you rather have to wear a special hat all day or have to paint a special picture all day?
22. Would you rather have to act thankful or have to pretend to be thankful?
23. Would you rather have to eat at your least favourite restaurant every Thanksgiving for the rest of your life or go hungry every Thanksgiving for the rest of your life?
24. Would you rather watch a sad Thanksgiving movie or watch a scary Thanksgiving movie?
25. Would you rather sail to America by boat or fly over there?
26. Would you rather spend a weekend at home to have a Thanksgiving dinner or spend the weekend vacationing elsewhere?
27. Would you rather put up Thanksgiving decorations one month early or Christmas decorations one month early?
28. Would you rather sit at the ‘kid table’ to have a full Thanksgiving meal or sit at the adult table but only be allowed to have one classic Thanksgiving dish of your choice?
29. Would you rather recount what you have been doing over the past year to a relative you hardly know or tell an embarrassing life story to everyone?
30. Would you rather stay an entire Thanksgiving weekend with your parents while visiting home or stay the entire weekend at a local Airbnb?
31. Would you rather go vegan for your Thanksgiving dinner or stick to the traditional turkey and ham?
32. Would you rather incorporate Pumpkin Spice into every part of your daily life or go through the whole month of October without it?
33. Would you rather not have to bundle up warm during Autumn or wear Autumn clothing all year round?
34. Would you rather watch a heartwarming Thanksgiving movie with your family or Eli Roth’s ‘Thanksgiving’ with your family?
35. Would you rather be responsible for controlling a parade float during Macy’s Thanksgiving parade or participate in costume during the parade?
36. Would you rather chug gravy or chug pumpkin spice latte?
37. Would you rather prepare and cook an entire traditional Thanksgiving meal or have an entire Thanksgiving meal at a restaurant?
38. Would you rather live like a pilgrim for an entire Thanksgiving weekend or live like a Native American for an entire Thanksgiving weekend?
39. Would you rather have candied carrots or candied corn?
40. Would you rather be forced to tell everyone you meet that you are thankful for what they have done or be forced not to express any gratitude for an entire day?
41. Would you rather celebrate Thanksgiving in the tropics or in a cold region?
42. Would you rather leave notes of gratitude everywhere or turkey hand drawings everywhere?
43. Would you rather hunt your own turkey or buy one from the supermarket for your Thanksgiving meal?
44. Would you rather be forced to dress like a turkey or be forced to wear Fall coloured-clothing for the entire Thanksgiving weekend?
45. Would you rather sleep in on Black Friday or try your luck at the Black Friday sales right after Thanksgiving?
46. Would you rather eat nothing but Thanksgiving leftovers or eat nothing but Pumpkin Pie for lunch for the rest of the year? (November-December)
47. Would you rather live somewhere where the season was always Autumn or somewhere where Autumn never happened in the year?
48. Would you rather live somewhere where the only drink available was pumpkin spice lattes or somewhere where eggnog was the only drink available?
49. Would you rather be invited to a Thanksgiving meal with your boss or with your worst enemy?
50. Would you rather be able to have a Thanksgiving meal without getting ‘turkey coma’ or be able to start Black Friday shopping a day early?
More Would You Rather Question ideas
If you’re looking for a specific type of Would You Rather question, check out our collection below:
Funny Would You Rather Questions
Gross Would You Rather Questions
Hardest Would You Rather Questions
Deep Would You Rather Questions
Movie Would You Rather Questions
Best Would You Rather Questions
If you want more ideas on games or activities to play with your family, friends, or coworkers (and how to put a Thanksgiving twist to them), refer to our posts below!
40 Thanksgiving Trivia Questions and Answers
30 Great Thanksgiving Trivia Questions
30 Thanksgiving Words for Charades
92 Thanksgiving Words (Perfect for Pictionary)
51 Inspirational Thanksgiving Quotes
5 Great Thanksgiving Office Party Ideas (Perfect for Remote work)
65 Random Questions to Ask - Start a Conversation With Anyone
200 Best Would You Rather Questions - Fall 2021