More Meaningful Conversations
Have you ever been in a social situation where it feels like you are having the same old conversations again and again? We can easily fall into the trap of asking canned questions and giving canned responses. It can begin to feel as if our conversations are just automated scripts, repeating themselves again and again never really amounting to anything more meaningful than superficial smalltalk.
Ask and You Shall Receive
A simple yet powerful way to break the monotony of small talk and introduce more meaningful conversations is by incorporating a Question of the Day. Substituting your generic conversation starters with a thought provoking prompt that encourages everyone to share and express themselves on a deeper level will inevitably help in building stronger relationships.
We have created a list of Questions of the Day for you to try in your next conversation. Below are our top 75 thought provoking and fun questions to ask at your next social gathering. You will be sure to have some fun and unexpected conversations!
If you are hosting your gatherings over video conferencing and are looking for more ways to break the ice and form deeper connections with your team or friends, then be sure to try Brightful Meeting Games. You’ll find a whole selection of games, including Question of the Day, completely free and with no ads or downloads.
75 Fun Questions of the Day
1. What’s the best thing you've got going on in your life at the moment?
2. In the seconds before you die, you are allowed to know everyone who was secretly in love with you at some point. Do you want to know?
3. In 10 years time, will you be proud of what you are doing now?
4. What does your inner voice tell you?
5. What do you need to stop doing to make space for bigger changes?
6. What have you done recently to overcome one of your fears?
7. What do you fear?
8. What’s the most courageous thing you have ever done?
9. What are your strongest beliefs about?
10. What’s the dialogue you really need to have, but haven't had so far?
11. Is there anything you want to say to your loved ones but haven't said enough?
12. When are you most receptive to critical feedback?
13. What messages are you refusing to hear?
14. What could you do to make it easier to accept feedback?
15. How could you achieve more by doing just half as much?
16. If you can complete one important task this week, what would that be?
17. What is important but not urgent in your todo list?
18. What’s the number one thing you want to achieve?
19. What’s something that you would really hate to lose?
20. Whom are you trying to avoid being like?
21. What self-limiting beliefs do you have?
22. What do you need to change to become the person you want?
23. What habits do you have that you would like to replace?
24. What problem are you running away from?
25. How would you want your loved ones to remember you when you are gone?
26. Do you think that humans will ever be able to live together in harmony?
27. In the past people were buried with the items they would need in the afterlife, what would you want buried with you so you could use it in the afterlife?
28. What was the biggest realization you had about yourself?
29. What’s the most physically painful thing you've ever experienced?
30. What were you completely certain of until you found out you were wrong?
31. What do you need help with most often?
32. What’s something that no one knows about you?
33. What kind of challenges are you facing these days?
34. What do you miss most about?
35. When was the last time you were lost?
36. What book had the most significant impact on you?
37. What unethical experiment would have the biggest positive impact on society as a whole?
38. When are you most creative?
39. What thoughts come to mind when you are relaxed?
40. What’s missing in your life?
41. What do you want to be known for?
42. Do you think that children born today will have better or worse lives than their parents?
43. What makes you feel most fulfilled?
44. What goal do you think humanity is not focused enough on achieving?
45. Who do you admire most in your life?
46. If you could change two things about the world, what would you change?
47. If you were offered the chance to feel happy all of the time, would you take it?
48. What is the meaning of life?
49. Do you think it is better or worse for people to know whether they have the genetic marker for a debilitating disease?
50. How do you define friendship?
51. Do you believe that love has to be mutual?
52. If you were in charge of the universe, would you make an afterlife?
53. When you disagree with someone, is it more important to ensure you both get the facts or you both feel heard?
54. What are you still learning about yourself?
55. If you could ask God questions, what would you want to know?
56. If the most challenging thing to ever happen to you happened again, would you handle it differently?
57. What adjectives would you use to describe the human race?
58. When you look at the world, what is most fascinating to you?
59. When do you underestimate yourself?
60. Is it best to judge people by their intentions or their actions?
61. What do you hope everyone has the chance to figure out in their lifetime?
62. Does beauty only exist in the eye of the beholder?
63. Do you believe that everything happens for a reason?
64. How would your life change if you were fearless?
65. What is humanity's greatest asset?
66. If you wrote a book, who would you dedicate it to and why?
67. Should all art be considered real art?
68. When do you feel most appreciated?
69. What things do you wish were easier to say to people?
70. When is it acceptable to lie?
71. In your next life, what gender would you like to be born as and why?
72. What is a year of human life worth?
73. What makes you strong?
74. Where do you feel the most like yourself?
75. What are you most excited to do in your lifetime?