80 Funny Questions to Ask - Using Humor to Improve Workplace Relationships
Being funny is serious business. That comment may sound like a joke, but studies have shown that creating a light hearted environment at work is an effective way to reduce stress and improve creativity. Having a fun work environment is the reason why the most cutting edge companies these days are investing in Foosball tables and beanbags for their offices!
But what if your team is remote based? Well, the good news is that you don’t need anything other than the right conversation starters to create a fun work environment. Using an icebreaker question with just the right amount of absurdity to it is key! Or, if you are looking for other types of icebreaker games, be sure to check out Brightful Meeting Games. You'll find the best icebreaker games available on the internet, all for free and without ads.
We’ve put together below some silly and funny questions you can start your remote meeting, to use as icebreakers to create a fun and lighthearted vibe.
Funny Question Generator
If you are struggling to come up with funny questions, we have this convenient question generator that can instantly generate a question for you to bring up. Now you will never worry about running out of hilarious conversation starters!
Brightful Games: Question of the Day
Trying to have more meaningful conversations? The best way to connect with your friends, family and colleagues is by inviting them to a game of Question of the Day on Brightful. The rules are simple - you are given a prompt and 30 seconds to answer. It's free to play, and there are thousands of conversation starter prompts.
Brightful Games: Funny or Not
If you are looking for an activity that incorporates funny questions, or one that will get your entire group laughing out loud, try Funny or Not - exclusive to Brightful. Each player is given a prompt, which they have to think of a hilarious and creative response to. For example - “What is a more obvious title for ‘Romeo and Juliet’ “. Or - “Which historical figure would you not want to invite over for dinner? Everyone’s responses are then gathered together and you all vote on who’s thought of the funniest!
With plenty of questions, prompts, and even images/GIFs to think of hilarious responses to, you’ll all be laughing together with each and every game!
Funny Questions to Ask
1. If animals could talk, which would be the rudest?
2. Is cereal soup?
3. How many chickens would it take to kill an elephant?
4. What sport would be the funniest to add a mandatory amount of alcohol to?
5. If animals could talk, which would be the rudest?
6. Would you rather have no nose, or no arms?
7. How many chickens would it take to kill an elephant?
8. What sport would be the funniest to add a mandatory amount of alcohol to?
9. What is your spirit animal?
10. Which sport do you think they'll invent next?
11. Do you think cavemen had nightmares about cavewomen?
12. Who would win in a fight between Superman and Batman?
13. What animal is the biggest party animal?
14. If animals could talk, which would be the most boring?
15. What would be your weapon of choice in a zombie apocalypse?
16. Where did the name Pina Colada come from?
17. If animals could talk, which would be the smartest?
18. Which would you prefer to have as your roommate? A goat or a bird?
19. If you were an artist, what would you paint on your first day?
20. If you could be a fly on the wall, who would you want to listen in on?
21. If you could be in any movie, what would it be?
22. If you were a fruit, what fruit would you be?
23. What is the worst/most annoying catchphrase?
24. What is the worst song ever?
25. What would you rather have to deal with: Have no nose, but have really good smelling fingers? Or be blind but have a really nice smile?
26. What is the most boring sport?
27. Which musician do you think would make the best teacher?
28. What instrument do you think is the most annoying?
29. If you could be a fictional character, who would you be?
30. What is the most annoying colour?
31. What Disney princess would make the best spy?
32. What superhero/villain would make the best therapist?
33. What fictional character do you think you are most like?
34. What's the most useless word?
35. What sound would be the scariest if you could hear it?
36. What is the coolest sound?
37. What would you rather have; an arm that regenerates every month, or legs that grow back in every month?
38. What body part would you like to add?
39. What body part would you like to remove?
40. What was your favourite TV show growing up?
Funny Questions to Ask Friends
1. What is the most useless invention of all time?
2. What song would you play if you were at a party?
3. What's the weirdest thing you've ever eaten?
4. What's your favourite fruit?
5. Who was the worst teacher you've ever had?
6. Who's the most interesting person you've ever met?
7. Who's your favourite superhero?
8. What is one thing you would change about your daily routine?
9. What is one thing you wish could exist but doesn't at the moment?
10. Which smells better, fresh-cut grass or bread baking in the oven?
Funny Questions to Ask your Colleagues
1. What is the weirdest thing you've ever eaten?
2. What was the worst or weirdest dream you ever had?
3. What would be your dream job?
4. If you could be any type of plant or animal, what would you be?
5. What would be the hardest thing to give up?
6. What would be the easiest thing to give up?
7. What was the most embarrassing moment of your life?
8. Which would you rather win: The lottery or to be named employee of the month every month?
9. Would you rather walk around with a salad for a head or broccoli for arms?
10. Would you rather have no nose or no arms?
Funny Questions to Ask Family Members
1. What would be your superpower?
2. If you had to choose one, what would be your favourite fruit?
3. What is your least favourite scent?
4. What celebrity would you most like to switch lives with?
5. What does the perfect day look like?
6. What is the funniest/craziest thing you've ever done?
7. Do you like pineapple on your pizza?
8. What do you want to be when you grow up?
9. What was your first computer game?
10. What is the craziest bet you've ever made?
Interesting Funny Questions to Ask
1. If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
2. If you could travel to any place on Earth, where would you go?
3. If you could take just one thing with you to a deserted island, what would you choose?
4. If you had a special ability, what would it be?
5. What is your dream vacation?
6. What is the most interesting place you've ever been to?
7. Who would win in a fight between Superman and Batman?
8. What is the most interesting place you've ever been to?
9. If you had to relocate, where would you least like to live?
10. If you could invite three people to dinner, living or dead, who would you invite?
Further Reading - What's a Deep Question to Ask a Guy or Girl?
Along with funny questions, asking deep questions are a great way to get to know your friends or colleagues better. If you want to switch things up a bit, try asking some Deep Would You Rather Questions:
Sign up for Brightful!
With over 1,000+ of the best questions in one place, you will never run out of questions again.START YOUR TRIAL
It can be awkward to start conversations, especially among people you have only met for the first time or are just starting to know after a few encounters. Asking questions is a great way to break the ice among everyone. Funny questions, in particular, can serve as great common ground. After all, comedy or anything hilarious is always a crowd pleaser!
It doesn't matter if the situation is realistic or outrageous - as long as it gets a chuckle out of everyone, it works!