Ever dream up of crazy scenarios and wonder how you would react in them?
Here is a list of creative, outrageous and silly hypothetical What If Questions that will surely stretch your imagination and make for a great conversation starter
If you're looking for more ways to break the ice during your meetings, you should check out Brightful Meeting Games. The Question of the Day game is packed full of similar questions to help you get the brain juices flowing before a remote meeting. Try it out today, it's completely free.
Hypothetical question list
- If your sheets had to be made of deli meats, what meat would want them made of?
- You are the emperor of a small island nation and can pick any three people from history to come and live on your island for five years. Who do you choose and why? (Example: George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, Martin Luther King Jr)
- If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what food would it be?
- If you were a superhero with no super powers what would your name be?
- If extra lives were a thing in the real world, how would you get them?
- If you were a celebrity for one day what would your name be?
- What would your ideal last meal be? What’s on the menu for this meal?
- If dinosaurs could be cloned back into existence what kind of dinosaur would it be? T-rex or triceratops or pterodactyl or…you get the idea!
- If you were king/queen of the world and could make any rule, what would it be?
10. What is your idea of perfect happiness? Of perfect misery?
11. If your house had a theme song, what would it be?
12. If time machines existed, what would be the first thing you’d do?
13. If you had to pick a historical era to live in, which one would it be and why?
14. If you could be a character from any movie, who would it be and why?
15. If you were a dictator of a small country, what crazy dictator things would you do?
16. If you could make a piece of clothing that had any kind of power, what kind of power would it have and how would that benefit you personally? (Example: A cape that makes me fly.)
17. Which person would you like to see most? name one reason.
18. If you were a zombie, what famous person’s body would you take over?
19. If your life was a sitcom, who would play the main character in it? You or someone else.
20. If you were a character in any book, who would it be and why?
21. If someone left you a cottage somewhere in the countryside in their will, where would you want the cottage to be located?
22. What would be your names for the seasons? (Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter).
23. If you were an animal at the zoo, which animal would you be?
24. If you could have any super power, which power would you want to have? (Flying is cheating!)
25. If you could only view one website for the rest of your life, what would it be? Why?
26. What laws would you abolish if you could? What laws would you create?
27. If you could be any fictional character, who would it be and why? (Example: Frodo Baggins because he had to go on a long journey to keep his people safe.)
28. If you had to change one thing about yourself what would it be?
29. What is the worst thing that you’ve ever done? The best? What do your friends think of them?
30. If you could live in any country in the world, which one would it be?
31. What do you believe is the most important invention in history? Why?
32. What do people do that makes them the most annoying to be around? And why are they like that in your opinion? (Example: People who laugh at their own jokes when no one else does)
33. If you were a member of the opposite sex, what would your life be like?
34. If you were a transformer, what vehicle would you turn into?
35. If you could time travel to any point in history, when would it be and why? If not a specific time, when would you go back to if given this power? (Example: 2015 because that’s where I am now.)
36. If you were a tree for one day, what kind of tree would you want to be? An oak or a maple?
37. If you could choose what super power you’d want, which one would it be?
38. If you had to join a war, which one would it be and why?
39. What do you think the future will look like? What changes do you think we will see in the next 50 years?
40. If you could speak to one person from history, who would it be and why?
41. If you could erase one bad memory from your mind, what would it be?
42. If you could rename any city in the world but couldn’t change it’s location or history, which city would you rename?
43. If someone offered you $10,000 every time they punched you in the face, how many times would you want to be hit?
44. If you could make people believe that anything is possible, how would you do it?
45. If you were trapped on a desert island and could only bring three things, what would they be?
46. If you were an animal for one day, which one would it be and why?
47. If you had the ability to time travel, where would you go?
48. If humans lost the ability to see all color except one, which color would you want to survive?
49. What does your ideal day look like? What do you do that day?
50. If you had the opportunity to visit any point in time, what time period would you visit? Why? What do you think life would be like there? (Example: I’d go to ancient Rome because it was a really interesting time.)
51. Would you rather have a clone of yourself or an identical twin?
52. What movie/TV show/video game/book series do you wish had a sequel or prequel made about it?
53. If you had to live in a castle, which one would it be and why?
54. If you could make one law in the world, what would it be?
55. If you were the lead singer of any band, which band would it be? (The Beatles, The Rolling Stones or ACDC are cheating!)
56. If you were given $1 million dollars, what would you do with it?
57. If you could go back in time and visit any famous person from history who would it be? And where?
58. What famous person from history would you like to have lunch with?
59. If you could cast any actor/actress in any movie role, who would you cast?
60. If you won the lottery, what would be your first purchase?
61. If you could live in any state in the US, which one would it be?
62. What two or three things would you do if time stopped for 24 hours?
63. If you had two weeks free to do anything you wanted, what would you do?
64. If you could live forever would you want to?
65. If you were a superhero, what would be your name? And what kind of powers would you have?
66. You can transport one furious elephant into any point in history, where would you put it?
67. If you were a superhero, what super power would you have? What costume would it be?
68. If you could create your own country with no limits on how it functions, what kind of government structure would it have and why?
69. If you were a famous artist, which painting would you recreate? Why?
70. If you could spend a day with anyone, who would it be and why?
71. If you could have any superpower, what would it be and why? (Example: Super speed so I could get everything done quickly.)
72. Which fictional character would you like to be friends with and why? Who else would be on your friends list or who would you avoid as a friend in this universe or setting? (Example: Spiderman because he can stick to the ceiling and I don’t have to worry about falling down)