It’s no secret that having great relationships with your coworkers makes everybody’s experience at work not only enjoyable but also more meaningful. Building strong relationships with others requires us to develop genuine interests in their lives. This often involves asking a lot of questions, and paying close attention to the things they share.
Another part of the equation to great relationships at work is to share things about yourself, without others needing to always take the initiative to ask. One way to do this is by playing a game of All About Me.
If you're playing in a group and want to give everybody a chance to express themselves, then head over to Brightful Meeting Games, where there's free and easy to use icebreaker games that everyone can enjoy.
How to use About Me Questions
Simply select a question from the list below and respond with a few sentences to share a little bit about yourself with your team. These questions are designed to prompt some introspection, so this is a great exercise for self reflection.
Here is a list of All About Me Questions.
1. What do I remember from the early years of my life?
2. What do my friends like best about me?
3. How is my memory these days?
4. What is my purpose in life?
5. What motivates me in my career?
6. If I could change anything about myself, what would it be?
7. Would I rather watch: action, romance, fantasy, or horror?
8. Do I forgive others easily?
9. What did I learn from success?
10. If I could change one thing about myself, what would it be?
11. Who do I look up to?
12. Am I afraid of a challenge?
13. What impact do I want to have on the world?
14. Do I have a special talent that surprises people?
15. Where do I like to go to relax or hang out?
16. What annoys you?
17. Who inspires me?
18. What is my biggest dream?
19. How do I view my own personal history?
20. Who influences me?
21. How do I want people to feel when they are with me?
22. What is my biggest fear?
23. What do people know about me that I would not consider to be a pet peeve?
24. What is my favorite occupation?
25. What kind of a person am I?
26. Am I an introvert or an extrovert?
27. What do I value in life?
28. What does it mean to be a real man/woman?
29. What is the best thing I have ever done?
30. What was the worst?
31. When you greet someone who you haven't seen for a while, what is your first thought about them?
32. What things do I really admire about other people?
33. What are my top 3 values?
34. When did I feel really proud of myself?
35. What characteristic would I like to possess but do not?
36. What is my favorite subject to read?
37. What did I fear when I was young?
38. What is my biggest regret?
39. If you went back to school, what would you like to study?
40. What do I value most in a friendship?
41. Am I at peace with the past?
42. What drives me crazy?
43. What would people who know me well say is my greatest fault?
44. What motivates me to achieve my goals?
45. What are my top values?
46. What did I learn from failure?
47. What was the best thing that happened to me last week?
48. Am I a tidy person or a messy one?
49. What do my friends respect me for?
50. What is my favorite hobby?
51. What characteristics do I most deplore in other people?
52. Do you prefer country or city living?
53. What advice would I give to a younger me?
54. Where would I go to eat: sushi, Italian, Mexican or steakhouse?
55. What do I most enjoy about my day-to-day life?
56. What do I like best about my job?
57. If you could choose one thing from your childhood to relive, what would it be and why?
58. What has been the most interesting experience I have had?
59. What do I wish I had achieved?
60. What are 5 adjectives to describe me?
61. What do I respect about myself?
62. What is the best piece of advice I have ever been given?
63. What is the best legacy I can leave?
64. Who would I trust to give me good financial advice?
65. How do I feel about failure?
66. What am I most proud of?
67. Who am I?
68. What would someone close to me say is my greatest achievement?
69. What do I do to destress?
70. What did I like to do as a child?
71. What is the most recent thing that made me feel proud?
72. What types of cars do I like to drive?
73. What am I best at?
74. Who is the most interesting person I know?
75. What would I do if I could be invisible?
76. What personality traits do my best friends think I possess?
77. What made my childhood a happy one?
78. What have I done that I'm most proud of?
79. What do I look for in friends?
80. Am I more in touch with my strengths or my weaknesses?
81. What makes me happy?
82. Who did I look up to growing up?
83. Who influenced me most and why?
84. What do I do best?
85. What was a really special moment in my life?
86. What should I have been doing with my life?
87. What is my family like?
88. What did I learn from my parents?
89. When is the last time I cried and why?
90. What am I worst at?
91. How do I like to work?
92. What do my co-workers respect me for?
93. If I could only speak one language for the rest of my life, would it be the one I speak now?
94. If I was an animal, what kind of animal would I be and why?
95. What do my clients respect me for?
96. What is the earliest memory I have?
97. What do I love about myself?
98. What are 2 things that I am really good at?
99. Who would you like to be when you grow up?
100. What do I do to unwind?
101. What is my perfect Sunday?
102. Do I prefer a Mac or a PC?
103. How do I want to be remembered?
104. What is the best business advice I have received?
105. Where is the best place that I've ever traveled?
106. What do I want to be remembered for?
107. What do I think about my childhood?
108. What do my customers like best about me?
109. How good of a friend would I say I am?
110. If I could build my dream home from scratch, where would I put it?
111. What is the wisest decision I have made?
112. Do I have a good imagination?
113. How do I see myself in 10 years?
114. What is my life mission?
115. What is the best thing I have achieved in my life?
116. What would they say is your greatest weakness?
117. If I could change 1 thing about my life, what would it be?
118. What is the most important lesson I have learned in my life?
119. When was I happiest?
120. Who do I spend time with and why?
121. What do I like most about myself?
122. Why is it important to me to make a difference?
123. What did I want to be when I grew up?
124. What do I fear?
125. What is my most treasured possession?
126. What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
127. How have my goals and dreams changed?
128. What is your favorite type of music?
129. Who do I look up to and why?
130. What have I done that my best friend would consider to be embarrassing?
131. What accomplishments will I be most proud of 10 years from now?
132. What activities do I like to engage in as a solitary activity?
133. What would your co-workers say is your greatest strength?
134. How good am I at acting?
135. What has been my biggest challenge so far in life?
136. What time of day do I feel most energized?
137. What characteristics do I most deplore in myself?
138. What is my proudest achievement?