A live poll does not necessarily have to stick to factual topics or be too realistic - you can use your full imagination to think of outlandish, weird, or purely fictional poll questions to serve as great entertainment to your audience!
A funny poll question is one that is humorous and light-hearted, often involving puns or wordplay. Incorporating silly questions into your live polls can be beneficial for everyone. . One of the enjoyable aspects is seeing the humorous responses that your friends and colleagues come up with.
These types of questions can add variety to the flow of your presentation and create a positive atmosphere for your audience. This is especially true if you are presenting to an audience that you are already familiar with. It is also important that the question is clear and easy to understand so that people can easily provide an answer. Additionally, the question should be relevant and interesting to the audience it is being presented to. A good sense of timing is also key, there are questions which are funny at a given time but not so much at another.
Super Poll on Brightful
If you are looking to create your own live poll full of questions that will get everyone laughing and entertained, Super Poll - available exclusively on Brightful is the perfect tool you need!
With Super Poll - each poll covers a wide selection of topics and questions that everyone needs to answer to - with results of who voted for what shown afterwards. If you want to add funny and hilarious poll questions, Super Poll allows you to customise it to your liking!
Even better, there is no additional software required for anyone to either set up a new poll or to join a poll that is already good to go and launch - all you need to bring is your device of choice and an internet connection.
Funny Open Ended Poll Questions
- "What's the most ridiculous thing you've ever seen someone do in public?"
- Mushroom Soup
- Peanut Butter and Jelly
- Deli Meat
2. "If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?"
- Mushroom Soup
- Peanut Butter and Jelly
- Deli Meat
3. "What's the weirdest dream you've ever had?"
- "Flying Penguins"
- "Conversation with a talking Pizza"
- "Naked School"
- "Zombie Wedding"
- "Living Underwater"
4. "If animals could talk, which species do you think would be the most annoying?"
5. "If you could be any fictional character for a day, who would you choose and why?"
- Captain Underpants
- Katniss Everdeen
- Indiana Jones
- Harry Potter
- Darth Vader
Funny Multiple Choice Poll Questions
6. What's the best way to start a day?
- With a cup of coffee
- With a nice warm shower
- With a cold beer
- With a snooze button
7. What's your favourite way to procrastinate?
- Browsing the internet
- Cleaning the house
- Watching TV
- Eating snacks
8. What's the most ridiculous thing you've ever done for love?
- Dressed up in a silly costume
- Sung a love song in public
- Written a love letter
- Confessed in a crowded public environment
- Write a romance novel self-inserting yourself and who you had feelings for as the couple
9. What's your preferred mode of transportation?
10. What's the best way to relax after a long day?
- Reading a book
- Taking a bath
- Playing video games
- Doing a dance party in your living room
Funny Q&A Poll Questions
11. If you could only watch one TV show for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?
- The Simpsons
- The Office
- Saturday Night Live
- Bob's Burgers
12. What's the most bizarre thing you've ever eaten?
- Kangaroo Meat
13. What's the worst pickup line someone has used on you?
- "Are you a magician? Because whenever I look at you, everyone else disappears."
- "Do you have a map? I keep getting lost in your eyes."
- "Is your name Google? Because you have everything I've been searching for."
- "Are you an angel? Because heaven is missing one."
- "Excuse me, but I think you dropped something: my jaw."
14. If you could have any superpower, but it had to be completely useless, what would it be?
- The ability to turn invisible for 0.5 seconds every hour.
- Ability to create a tiny spark every time you snap your fingers.
- Make inanimate objects glow in the dark for 10 minutes a day.
- The power to make plants grow 1mm taller every time you whistle a tune.
- The ability to make your voice sound 10% more robotic every time you shout.
15. What's the most ridiculous reason you've ever had for being late to something?
- "My cat unplugged the alarm clock."
- "I got lost on the way to my own house."
- "I was stuck in traffic caused by a herd of goats blocking the road."
- "I accidentally fell asleep in the shower."
- "I couldn't find my other shoe."
More Funny Poll Questions to Ask Team Members
16. What's the worst haircut you could possibly get?
- Shaved Bald
- Bowl Cut
17. Good News! You have the opportunity to live forever, but you must be one age for the rest of your life. Which age would you choose?
- 17 years old - I want to be forever young
- 21 years old - I want to live my peak age forever
- 10 years old - living an infinite, carefree childhood is the best
- 55 years old - right in the middle is perfect for me
- 30 years old - the age before everything starts to unfold into a mid-life crisis, this is the ideal point
18. What's the most embarrassing thing in your room right now?
- High school yearbook
- Old, worn-out stuffed animal
- Poster of my childhood crush
- Letters I wrote to myself
- No comment
19. If you were a type of food, what would you be and why?
- Sushi rolls - I love the mix of flavors and textures.
- Pizza - its a classic comfort food that brings people together.
- A salad - I value health and wellness
- Ramen - warm, comforting, and complex in flavor.
- Chocolate cake - we both bring joy to people's lives.
20. What's the most ridiculous excuse you've ever used to get out of doing something?
- I have to wash my hair tonight.
- I'm allergic to [insert food or activity here].
- My phone died and I couldn't find a charger.
- I'm feeling a bit under the weather.
- I slept in and didn't realise a whole day passed
21. What's the worst fashion trend you've ever followed?
- Multiple polo shirts with popped collars.
- Low-rise jeans
- Fanny Packs
- Top Hats
- Bright, fluorescent fitness gear
22. You are forced to listen to one song on repeat - what song would you be happy to endure?
- 'Numa Numa'
- 500 Miles by The Proclaimers
- The theme song to 'Friends'
- Supermarket/mall ambient music
- Songs from Sesame Street
23. What's the worst gift you've ever received?
- Gift Card
- Gym Membership (that I never used)
- A personalized item with someone else's name on it.
- B-Movie DVD
- Out-of-season T-shirt
24. You have to wear one colour for the rest of your life - what will it be?
25. What's the most ridiculous thing you could do to impress someone?
- Learn a new dance routine
- Open a restaurant featuring all of their favourite foods on the menu
- Reenact the 'Love Actually' speech card scene for them
- Display their name on an active volcano
- A way too intimate rowboat ride
26. You have access to infinite movie tickets, but they only apply to one movie. Which movie could you see forever and ever?
- Avengers: Endgame
- Lord of the Rings
- The Room
- The Fast and the Furious series
27. What's the most ridiculous nickname you've ever been called?
- "Squidward" (because of my big nose)
- "Bubbles" (because of my love for bubble tea)
- "Jellyfish" (because of my wobbly dance moves)
- "Cupcake" (because of my sweet personality)
- "Pickle" (because of my love for pickles)
28. If you had to be like Morgan Spurlock and could only eat at one restaurant for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- Buffalo Wild Wings - Let's make everyday 'Bottomless Wings' day
- Arby's - They got the meat, and I can live off of it
- Denny's - Breakfast 24/7, round the clock? Sounds like my kind of palette
- Any all-you-can eat buffet - Infinite choices and international cuisine
- Starbucks - If I could have coffee forever, that is perfectly fine for me
29. What's the most ridiculous thing you've ever bought?
- Gym Membership
- USB fan
- Something advertised 'As Seen on TV'
- One of the 'FlexTape' products
30. If you could only drink one type of beverage for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- Coca Cola
- Milk Tea
- Mountain Dew
- Orange Juice
31. What's the most ridiculous thing you've ever done for money?
- Sold my old underwear online.
- Ate a raw egg for $20.
- Participated in a medical study for a week.
- Slept in my car for a weekend
- Did a TikTok dance challenge in public.
32. If you could choose someone to narrate your life, who would you want to serve as the voiceover?
- Morgan Freeman
- James Earl Jones
- Adam Sandler
- Matthew McConaughey
- Jack Black
33. What's a ridiculous thing you've ever done for love?
- Extended song and dance routine
- Hired a billboard with a message proclaiming my love
- Extravagant flower/light display
- Massive, elaborate cake design
- Paid for a banner to be flown around the city with their name on it
34. You can only get around by one means of transport - which one would you choose?
35. What's the most ridiculous thing you've ever done to try to fit in?
- Changed my accent to sound like everyone else
- I Wore clothes that weren't my style to fit in with a group
- Pretended to like a certain music genre even though I hated it
- Faked interest in a hobby just to be part of a community
- Agreed with someone's opinion even though I thought it was absurd
36. Which insect do you find the most frightening?
- Any insects!
37. If you had to pitch one of the following ideas for a business, which one would you pick?
- Rent-a-Clown: Hire a clown for any occasion, by the hour or every twenty-four hours.
- Pet Rock Emporium: A store that sells rocks as pets, complete with adoption certificates and care instructions.
- Celebrity Lookalike Agency: A business that provides real, accurate celebrity lookalikes for any event.
- Slogan T-Shirt Shop: A store that sells t-shirts with funny and irreverent slogans. Customers can choose from a variety of designs, including puns, pop culture references, and political statements.
- Mobile Bubble Wrap Therapy: Stress relief by popping bubble wrap. The business can be set up in a van or trailer that travels to different locations, or customers can come to a designated location for their bubble wrap therapy session.
38. Which computer brand would you be happy to use for the rest of your life?
39. What could be the craziest thing you could do to try to be cool?
- Binge-watch my crush's favorite TV show to serve as a conversation starter
- Attempt to learn how to bake
- Hire a pickup artist to help me work on my lines
- Take a starring role in a Broadway production
- Become a stunt daredevil
40. What sport would you never tire of playing or following?
- Formula One - all of the memes and commentary are great entertainment
Adding a number of funny poll questions are a great way to engage and entertain people, especially if regular or formal live poll questions are a bit too normal or uninspiring to use. They also provide insights into people's sense of humour and preferences, making them useful for market research, customer feedback, and even social media engagement.
Whether it's through online surveys, text polls, or in-person events, incorporating humour into poll questions can result in higher response rates and more accurate answers. So next time you need to conduct a live poll, don't be afraid to add a little bit of humour!